Local union work

At a local level, Saco’s affiliated associations cooperate via bodies such as a Saco council and associations for graduate professions. Your national association is the one that works on issues related to your profession and provides you with support when necessary. However, local associations conduct much of the union’s work at the workplace, as this makes it possible to take account of the different conditions found at each workplace.

If you want to find your local union representative, contact your Saco association or ask your boss or HR department. They will know who you should turn to for help on various issues.

Associations and negotiating bodies provide support for local activities. The negotiating body that represents you will depend on whether you are working in the private, state or local government sector.

Private sector

State sector

Local government sector