- Have someone read the first statement aloud to the whole group.
- Answer true or false by raising your hand.
- Talk together briefly about the correct answer before moving on to the next statement.
- We don't get stressed by things we enjoy!
- Stress is dangerous!
- Stress only affects sensitive people!
- Moving is recreation!
Answers can be found here:
Questions to use for discussion
- What is positive stress to you?
- What is negative stress to you?
- What situations and what stresses you out?
- How do you react to acute stress?
- What are your early signs of stress (physical, emotional, behavioral or cognitive)?
- What early signs of stress have you experienced in others? (physical, emotional, behavioral or cognitive)?
- How do you want you to act if someone in your work group shows signs of unhealthy stress.
- What can you and your colleagues do to reduce the risk of missing that someone in your work group are not feeling well?
- Do you have experience of being part of a minority group? Has it affected your stress level?
- What are your best tips for being a good colleague and contributing to good work climate?
- Do you think it's okay to say "no" at work?
- How do we ensure that unhealthy stress is handled early on?
- Who can you contact if you feel concerned that you or a colleague are showing signs of unhealthy stress?
- What lowers the stress at work for you and for your work group?
- In addition to recovery, meaningful work, social support and clear responsibility are examples of factors that protect against unhealthy stress.
- What are the things that helps your work group to keep the unhealthy stress away?