I am not an EU citizen. Any idea to be a member of the union and the unemployment fund?


It is always useful to be a member of the union. You can get advice and support in all job-related issues. The union negotiate good working conditions.

If you know that you leave the EU directly after your employment in Sweden ends, you probably don’t need to be a member of the unemployment fund. However, if you are interested in continuing working in Sweden or the EU, it is necessary to be a member of the unemployment fund in order to get unemployment benefit if you don’t get a new job at once. Please note that you have to have a valid permit with the right to stay and work in Sweden, in order to qualify for unemployment benefit. You can have this in several ways, for example by a permanent residence permit, or that you have a partner that works in Sweden. Contact Migrationsverket if you have questions about this.